Friday, August 28, 2015

Stand up Birthday Card

Today I have card I created for an entry in the Los Angeles Fair DIY Design Studio.  This was a fun card to create, so let me show you how I created it.
First off, you will need a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Beach Ball Cardstock.  Fold this in half, how you would normally fold a tent card.  Then fold one side back, making a "Z" with your card.
To create the piece for the candles, I cut a piece of Sweet Pear Cardstock 2 5/8 x 7 1/4 and fold in half.  Then I cut a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece of Whip Cream Cardstock and layered this on the Sweet Pear Cardstock and adhered this piece to the middle of the base piece of Beach Ball Cardstock.  This is the construction of the card.
Now it is time to decorate the card.  I stamped the candle from Another Candle ATS in Watermelon Fusion, Sweet Pear and Beach Ball Ink on Whip Cream Cardstock and fussy cut them.  I stamped the "flame" from the same set in Lemon Drop Ink and fussy cut it out.  I cut the stars using Lemon Drop paper and the Star-Dom die.
I made the banner piece with Sweet Pear Cardstock and stamped "Happy Birthday" from the Sentimental Prints Stamp Set with Beach Ball Ink.
I finished the card off by adding Journey Glaze and Journey Sparkle Dust to the flames and stars.
I look forward to seeing how this card does in the fair.  I will post a Fair Results post soon after September 7th.  So watch out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment