Thursday, November 12, 2015

Cornucopia of Gratitude

Cornucopias have been a popular Fall and Thanksgiving decoration.  I remember having all church Thanksgiving dinners at my church when I was little and the cornucopias were the decoration in the middle of the table with a few mini pumpkins as well.
This card reminded me of this memory.
The base of the card is created using Tangerine Fusion Cardstock and a piece of Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock cut slightly smaller, popped up with foam squares.  On the piece of Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock I stamped the oak leaf stamp from the Autumn Days set with Oatmeal Cookie ink.
I then cut strips 1/2 by 4 3/4 out of the Harvest Days Prints and placed them on top of the Oatmeal Cookie background.  I then cut a Butter Cream cardstock rectangle from Journey Rectangles with the piercing element and distressed with Oatmeal Cookie Ink.  I stamped "With Gratitude" from the Cornucopia set in Dark Roast Ink.  I stamped the Cornucopia with Dark Roast Ink on a scrap piece of Butter Cream Cardstock.  I then colored the image with Copic Markers and fussy cut the image out.
I finished the card off by using foam squares to pop up the image on the rectangle.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment