Tuesday, April 26, 2016

V is for Vegetables


V is for Vegetables.  I love almost all vegetables.  I love them raw, cooked, steamed, etc........ 
I loved teaching my lesson on what the difference between a vegetable and a fruit was to my preschoolers.  I would always try to find a few "weird" looking foods, but the best part was seeing them discover and like eating new fruits and vegetables.  Today I have a card that celebrates my love of vegetables.
The base of the card was created with a piece of Hazelnut Blend cardstock.  I then took the Hexagon Prints and stamped it with Whip Cream ink.  I then distressed the edges of the card with Hazelnut Blend Ink.  Next, I wrapped Natural Journey Twine around the whole card.  I added a Metal Button and Wooden Accent to the  the side.   I then added some splatters of Gold Silk on top.
I then die cut a Journey Circle from Journey Basics: Neutral Pattern Paper.  I distressed the edges of the piece with my scissors and then distressed the edges with Hazelnut Blend ink.
Next, I die cut from Butter Cream cardstock with Journey Circle including the piercing element.  I then stamped the Cornucopia with Black Licorice onto the circle.  I also stamped the sentiment from Many Wishes with Hazelnut Blend ink.
I finished the card by coloring the Cornucopia with Copic Markers.  Enjoy!
....and don't forget to eat your vegetables!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures of veggies are making me hungry :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete