Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

I hope you had a fabulous Mother's, whatever you did.  I spent the day with my mom.  The day started when I left her a little gift on her favorite chair.  Inside was a pair of earrings, but the part I want to share with you is the packaging.
I saw a video by Jessica Taylor on Facebook this week on making a gift bag from an envelope.  I was impressed so much, that I had to try it myself.  You can see the video here.
I put my own spin on the design.  I first started with a greeting card size envelope and cut one and half inches off the top.
I then used the Sweet Today stamp set and Watermelon Fusion and Sweet Berry ink to stamp the outside and the inside of the flower.
I then followed her directions to place the fold lines in the envelope and then assemble the bag.
Next, I added the Artful Butterfly cut from Bubble Gum and Sweet Berry Cardstock.
I placed the Bubble Gum Cardstock piece flat on the bag.  I sprayed the Sweet Berry butterfly with a combination of Journey Glaze and Water and then sprinkled with Journey Sparkle Dust.
After it was dry, I added it to the bag by gluing just the body portion of the butterfly.
To finish the bag, I added the sentiment from Little Big Greetings, stamped with Sweet Berry ink on Butter Cream Cardstock.  I then added a Clear Bloom Accent with a heart button on top, tied with Whip Cream Thread.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment