Sunday, July 31, 2016

CYCI# 131 Color Challenge

Hello fellow card makers!  Today is another challenge at Can You Case It?  It is a color challenge.
http://canyoucaseit.com/?p=3313

When I saw these colors, I thought bees!  Here is the card I created.

The card base is Whip Cream and River Stone Cardstock.  On the top layer of Whip Cream Cardstock, I stamped the Honeycomb ATS with Pineapple Smoothie ink.  I then took the River Stone inkpad and distressed the edges before adhering it to the River Stone Cardstock.
I tied a Black Gingham Ribbon bow on top and stamped the sentiment from Hello Lovely in Black Licorice ink.  I added a Black Licorice Twine bow and tied on the Black and White button to the top.
I then stamped the bees from the Hello Lovely stamp set on Lemon Drop Cardstock with Black Licorice ink.
To finish the card, I detail cut the bees, adhered them with foam squares and added a layer of Journey Glaze.  
I hope you will join in the challenge with us at Can You Case It?  Sign up on our website to get the challenges to your email, so you don't miss a challenge.  Also, follow us on Facebook!  Join the fun!

22 comments:

  1. More cute bees, love them. That checked ribbon is cute. Gorgeous card. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I love so many things about your card. The bow, twine and button is super cute and I love the way you distressed the edges, and... the glaze on the bees!!!! Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I just love your background! all of that texture is simply gorgeous, and I'm a huge fan of cute little bees! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. I love little bees also.

      Delete
  4. Kim, I LOVE your background, it is amazing and of course those bees are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is stunning! I thought you used patterned paper, but nope... all hand stamped. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes HolyLise, all stamps. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. Love the different background stamps, and those bees, are the bees knees! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cheery and fun card, and I love the background! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey hey my friend. Love you BEEEEEEE's --CP

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also thought bees and there was no getting around it...great minds, Kim! I love your distressed background and the bow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim...love your cute card...those bumble bees are adorbs...Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a very cute card. Love those little bumble bees!

    ReplyDelete