Thursday, April 20, 2017

Stampin Friends Birthday/Celebration Hop

Welcome to the Stampin Friends Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Birthdays and Celebrations.

This month we have one guest blog hopper, Jennifer Knape Cerizo.  Make sure to check out her blog!

So let’s jump right in.  Here is the card I created.

 

I wanted to try the double pleated folding technique.  After I got the dimensions, it really was very easy.  You start with a piece of double sided paper cut to 5 x 10.  Then you score the paper at 1, 1 1/2, 2 1/2, 3, 4, 4 1/2, 5 1/2, 6, 7, 7 1/2, 8 1/2 and 9.  You then fold the score lines like a fan.  Then you cut from the middle of the short side to the top of the 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 score lines on each side, and you end up with a diamond shape.
I like the techinique, but I think if I did it again, I would use more patterned paper or solid paper.

For my project, I decided to create a very simple using the Gift Card Sleeve.

 Here it is:
 

Aren't these the perfect projects to give to someone special on their birthday?

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Greeting Trends, Yummy Wishes
Paper: Watermelon Fusion, Whip Cream, Celebrate You Pattern Paper
Ink: Watermelon Fusion, Black Licorice
Dies:  Gift Card Sleeve
Accessories: Pearls, Watermelon Fusion Satin Ribbon

Even, better is that these supplies and many more of our Collection items are on sale this month for 35% off.  Go and check them out on my website: www.funstampersjourney.com/kimlamos

 






8 comments:

  1. Love the colour combo in your celebration set Kim TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card with that fancy fold! I love polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun Kim! I've never tried the double pleated technique- might need to give that a try. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card!! I haven't tried the pleated look YET... just might have to give it a try now! Thanks for sharing the dimensions and instructions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job Kim! I haven't tried the pleated card either...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete