Monday, December 1, 2014

Angel Wings Thank You

Today I want to share a very special thank you I made for some very special people.
My mom had another knee replacement surgery on November 14th.  After the crazy experience we had with the first knee at rehab, we were not sure what would happen this time.  Let me just say that this time was not like the last.  My mom was taken care of very well and with dignity.  She was so much happier and it showed when I went to visit.
As a thank you to the people at the rehab center, I made them each pair of angel wings with a special note on the back.  
I used gold shimmer paper and embossed with a lacey embossing folder.  I then distressed the outsides of the pieces with Hazelnut Blend Ink from Fun Stampers Journey.  After I had assembled the whole thing, I used a mixture of Journey Glaze and water and sprayed the whole top and sprinkled glitter over it.  These were fun to make and the employees loved them. I even made one cry.  It makes my heart leap with joy when I can share my passion for paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment