Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Summer Journal Swap

Hello fellow crafters!  Today I have a journal to share with you that I created for a swap at ScrappinLadyz.  The theme was summer and the friend I was swapping with loves pink and black.  No brainier for me!  Watermelon on black!  Here is the front of the journal:
First, I covered the journal with Black Licorice Cardstock.  I then cut a piece of Watermelon Fusion to fit in the middle of the book.  Then I cut a piece of Journey Basics Black and White pattern paper to make the cover.  I then stamped the watermelons from the Sweet Slice stamp set, which was part of my July Kit of the Month (The stamp set will not be available to the public until November) on Watermelon Fusion and Limeade Splash Cardstock.  I fussy cut the piece and glued them together.  I then added Journey Glaze to the rind and the seeds.  I used Journey Thread in Whip Cream and placed the slices on the thread.  I then popped these up on the book.  I then glued pink and white flowers to the corners of the slices.  I stamped the sentiments, "oh sweet you" and "smile big" from the same set, with Black Licorice Ink on Whip Cream Cardstock.  I then inked the edges with Limeade Splash Ink.  I added some flowers to the bottom of the book near the watermelon half.
The spine, I hot glued this pretty sequins ribbon that I have had for a long time.
Then, one of the requirements was to put something on every 5th page.  I went above and stamped these cute little ants for Backyard BBQ in Black Licorice Ink on every page.
She loved it and I loved making it for her.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment