Thursday, October 29, 2015

A Spooky Sky

A lot of the themes of Halloween are spooky.  I saw a card on Pinterest which had a spooky sky on it and decided I wanted to try it.
I started out with a piece of Whip Cream Cardstock that would fit on the top of my card base made of Black Licorice Cardstock.  I die cut a circle from a piece of scrap Cardstock and the Journey Circles die set.  I placed this circle on my Whip Cream Cardstock using a piece of scotch tape in the desired area.  
Then using River Stone Ink, I sponged in on to the Cardstock.  After applying a think layer, I changed to Rock Candy ink and did the same thing,  this time making sure I am getting darker.  I then took the circle off.  Lastly, I took Black Licorice Ink and put in the darkest layer of clouds across the circle that was made with the ink.
I then stamped two large bats from the Which Witch stamp set in Black Licorice on the sky and another one on a piece of Whip Cream Cardstock, which I fussy cut out.  Using a foam square, I popped the bat up.  
I tied a piece of Black Licorice Gingham ribbon around the Whip Cream Cardstock piece and added a Black Licorice Journey Twine fluffy bow on top.
The card is finished off with a Fun Days Element to the bow, the stamped sentiment from Which Witch set in Black Licorice Ink, some Journey Sequins-Special Celebrations and Journey Glaze to the popped up bat.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment