Tuesday, April 5, 2016

D is for Dahlia Flowers


Today is the 4th day of the hop and the letter D.  For the letter D, I knew exactly what I wanted to do; Dahlia flowers.
I love all the petals that a dahlia flower has.  They are so pretty and come in my favorite color, pink.
I love the coloring on this one.  This became the inspiration for the coloring on my card with the dahlia flower.
The base of the card is Pool Play cardstock.  I then cut a slightly smaller piece of Whip Cream cardstock.  On this piece, I stamped the Branch ATS randomly on the left side using Limeade Splash ink.  I then stamped the leaves for the flower from the Dahlia Burst stamp set with Kiwi Slice Ink on Limeade Splash Cardstock.  I fussy cut the leaves out, folded them slightly in the middle and distressed them with Kiwi Slice Ink.
I then stamped the flower with the large and medium blossom from the Dahlia Burst set, with Clear Pigment Ink and used Journey White Embossing Powder on Whip Cream cardstock.  This created a thick outline of the flower on the Whip Cream cardstock.
Using Fusion Blender Solution, Watermelon Fusion ink and Journey Blending Pen, I colored the dahlia flower.  While the flower pieces were drying, I die cut a Pool Play Journey Circle and stamped the sentiment from the set Greeting Trends in River Stone ink.
To finish the card, I added a few Journey Sequins- Pink World.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very springy type of card; very nicely done! I lived one time on Dahlia street; never knew what a dahlia looked like :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete