Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Card in a box

Today I want to share one of my entries I created for the Los Angeles County Fair.  The fair starts next week, so I will find out if it won.  Until then, here is how I made it.
I found a really great tutorial here
First, I created the card box with Whip Cream Cardstock.  I created layers on each of the flaps and the back with Black Licorice Cardstock and Whip Cream Cardstock.  I stamped the leaves and vines from the Special Lady stamp set in Kiwi Slice Ink.  I fussy cut the leaves and popped them up to add dimension.
I then stamped with Black Licorice Ink on Candy Apple Cardstock, the ladybugs and Lemon Drop Cardstock for the flowers.  I fussy cut these and added them sporadically throughout the card. 
To make the flowers have some shape and dimension I used the largest stylist end on my Bloom Tool, and pushing onto a piece of foam in a circular motion, I created the rounded, blooming look.
I placed the "embellishments" in the middle area, standing up by using small pieces of acetate.  I finished off the card by adding Pearls to the flowers and stamped the sentiment "You make me smile" in Black Licorice Ink
Watch out for my fair recap coming soon after September 7th.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment