Thursday, September 3, 2015

Flower Pot Friendship

Here is a fun card with lots of parts.  It is the fourth card I am entering in the Los Angeles County Fair starting on September 7th,
This card is a basic stair step in the middle card.  You can find the tutorial here.
I then created a flowerpot out of Oatmeal Cookie Cardstock by cutting a folder piece of cardstock. (The fold becomes the bottom of the pot).  I then folded the front top part of the flower pot down to create the rim.  I very lightly pressed on the Oatmeal Cookie Ink Pad to create a little texture on the pot all over.
The strip at the bottom made of Whip Cream Cardstock, inked with Kiwi Slice Ink and stamped with a sentiment from the Sentimental Prints set, becomes a small pocket for the flower pot to sit in.
I then took a small piece of Whip Cream Cardstock to make an insert for the flower pot, which then became the base for my flowers as well.  I cover the base with pattern paper from the Journey Basic Brights Paper Pack.
I stamped flowers from the Sweet Today stamp set in Sweet Berry, Lemon Drop, Orange Creamcicle, and Watermelon Fusion on Whip Cream Cardstock I cut these out and then using a piece of foam and the large stylus end of my Bloom Tool, I created the dimension of the flowers.
I finished the card off by adding pearls to the larger flowers and Journey Glaze and Journey Sparkle Dust to the "daisy" flowers.
I will post soon after the 7th with the results of my entries.  Stay tuned!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment